Sony Interactive Entertainment is pleased to unveil the first details of the next-gen VR on PS5. PlayStation VR2 takes virtual reality to a whole new level. The device will provide a greater sense of presence in the world of games and allow players to immerse themselves in it like never before. By putting on the headset and holding the controllers in hand, players will experience an extended range of sensations, thanks to the creativity of world-class developers and the latest technology used in the hardware.
The new orbit-shaped controller has been designed to maximize the freedom of the game. It is equipped with adaptive triggers, haptic vibration, touch detection and many other unique features.
The most important information:
- VR from Sony will offer OLED screens with a resolution of 2000 x 2040 pixels (per eye) and HDR support!
- PlayStation VR 2 refresh rate will be 90 and 120 Hz, and viewing angle up to 110 degrees.
- VR will offer innovative eye tracking technology!
- Cameras will be built into the headset, thanks to which we will no longer have to use PS Camera and other external devices.
- The new PS VR2 Sense controllers and the headset itself will provide a completely new level of experience thanks to the higher vibration frequency.
It’s going to be a real revolution! We are waiting for the first announcement and graphic materials!
More details on PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers can be found on the official PlayStation blog ..